Since 1912, Ferrier Wire has had a long history, which has involved customized expanded and perforated metal products. Today, our capacity to build these products is widely expanded, to better serve our customers. Beginning in 1912, Ferrier Wire primarily manufactured items made from wire (hence the name “Ferrier Wire Goods Company Ltd”), such as industrial laundry bag holders, wire mesh safety stretchers, display goods, racks, trays, and similar products. Over the last 30 years, the wire products industry has experienced a tremendous upheaval. In response, Ferrier Wire stopped manufacturing wire products altogether about 20 years ago.
Since then, we have focused on expanding our range of wire mesh, expanded and perforated metal for use in architectural, design, and industrial applications. Over the last 10 years, due to repeated requests from customers, we have replaced outdated machinery and invested in new machinery to meet the growing demand for specialty fabricated items.
Inventory of Ferrier Wire’s fabricating equipment and machinery:
- Slitter – This machine allows us to slit up to 48” wide rolls of mesh 18 ga or thinner down to coils as narrow as 3-1/2” wide.
- Four Rollers – The capability to roll 16 ga and lighter perforated metal and wire mesh from 1-1/4” dia x 12” long up to 24” dia x 36” long.
- Flattening Rollers – Flattening rollers can flatten and cut to size mesh up to 60” wide x 192” long.
- Iron Worker – For cutting wire rods, bars and angles to size.
- Butt Welder – New to Ferrier, our butt welder allows us to effectively weld two ends of wire together.
- Pneumatic and Manual Wire Benders – Used to bend wire from 1/8” to 3/8” dia to frames.
- Two Shears – One 10’ and one 4’ shear to shear material to size.
- One Hydraulic and One Manual Brake – Brake form 16 ga material and thinner to shape (max 48” dim).
- Variety of TIG and MIG Welding Machines.
- Plasma Cutter – Used to cut irregular shapes economically.
- Drill Press – Allows us to perform precision drilling.
- Band Saw – Cut tubes, flat bars and materials up to 6” x 6” to size.
- Press Spot Welder – The straight up-and-down motion of this welder allows spot welds without distorting the frame to which material is being spot-welded to.
- Precision Spot Welder – Allows us to spot-weld very fine mesh.
In addition to the above equipment, two years ago Ferrier Wire invested in a new Lincoln Precision 275 TIG welder and created a new space for custom fabrication and welding. Some examples of products Ferrier Wire is currently able to fabricate include:
- Office organizers
- Light fixture components
- Industrial accessories
- Strainers and filters
- Metal boxes
- Furniture components
- Steel parts
Please note that we specialize in smaller components and fabricated items (generally 48” is the largest dim) and thinner materials (16 ga sheet and lighter). Please contact us if you have any questions about our fabricating abilities for wire mesh, expanded metal, and perforated metal. For a quote request, a rough sketch or drawing must be provided.